LED ballast 12V/24V constant voltage
LED Transformer = Constant Voltage - Power Supplies
for various LED illumination such as LED lamps and LED stripes or bands of light (LED stripes).
The following product overview shows a list of proven power supplies with a constant voltage output.
All of our LED transformers are, depending on the control, dimmable.
- You are upgrading to LED? But your previous transformer from 230V to 12V needs a minimum of load. (This results flickering or unstable behavior)
In this case you need a constant voltage power supply and under certain circumstances even dimmable.
- LED transformers are special operation units for LED-Stripes or LED-Lamps for 12V (e.g.) with GU5.3 or
GU4 socket. Long service life and no minimum load are the characterizing features and advantages.
- Look at a wide range of LED operating units for 12V at our's. Pay attention on the possibility for dimming, if you want to continue in using your present triac dimmer. LED transformers and LED lamps have to support dimming!
- A special challenge are LED bars. They are usually dimmeable using the PWM. Most of the suggested LED transformers are compatible with this technology.
- Please ask us.
We offer constant voltage power supplies = LED transformer for 12V, 15V, 20V, 24V, 30V, 36V, 42V, 48V, 54V.
If you use dimmable LED lamps, please be sure that your chosen LED transformer is dimmable too. Just as ours!
More sub catagories:
TCI LED converter 32W
dimmable via "Push-Button" or triac; 350, 500, 550, 700, 750mA const ; 12, 24, 28V const.
from 30,23 €unit price 37,79 €net: 31,76 €
Meanwell LPF-16 series
With a universal AC/DC input right up to 305V AC is the LPF-16 also suitable for LED's -and street lighting.
from 18,92 €unit price 21,42 €net: 18,00 €
TCI DC Mini Jolly
TCI LED driver 20W, small design, dimmable via 1..10V or "Push-Button"; 350mA to 900mA ; 10V, 12V, 24V.
from 21,04 €unit price 26,30 €net: 22,10 €
TCI DALI LED converter MINI JOLLY 20W, constant current: 250, 350, 400, 450, 500, 550, 600, 700mA const ; constant voltage: 24V
from 23,59 €unit price 29,49 €net: 24,78 €
Low Current LED Driver DALI
constant current source 100mA to 380mA via Dip-switch
from 23,59 €unit price 29,49 €net: 24,78 €
TCI DC Jolly
dimmable via 1..10V or "Push-Button"; 350 - 900mA const ; 10, 12, 24V const.
from 26,32 €unit price 32,90 €net: 27,65 €
12VDC or 4VDC and 30W or 45W - Dimmable DC power LED power supplies for example LED strips for operation via phase-on / section dimmers.
from 34,90 €net: 29,33 €
30 Watt LED powersupply for 24V LED applications indoor.
28,99 €net: 24,36 €
TCI DALI LED converter 32W; constant currents: 350, 500, 550, 700, 900mA; constant voltages: 10, 12, 24V
from 29,99 €unit price 37,49 €net: 31,50 €
Conversion to LED Transformer - All you need to know
Many of our customers are faced with the same situation. Finally the decision was taken to change energy-wasting halogen lamps with GU5.3 or GU4, low-voltage halogen 12V, to qualitative LED spots. The replacement of the LED transformers will be done quickly.
But what's that? Everything is flickering! Or the present dimming stops working. Below further you can find a little "lesson" to halogen and LED transformers.
Low-voltage halogen spotlight (Spots) known as MR16 and GU5.3 socket, require a power supply of 12V to operate. It does not matter if DC voltage (like a car) or AC voltage as the mains voltage.
For halogen operating devices, transformers are used, which transform the mains voltage of 230V to 12V. This low voltage is non critical and often used in damp rooms, such as bathrooms or also for cable system.
Types of Halogentransformers:
- Iron core transformers: Long life, durable, suitable for dimming, but poor efficiency, heavy and voluminous. The use of transformers like this one to use for power saving LED Spotlights (NV GU5.3) are possible and can be used without restrictions.
One other disadvantage issue of the poor efficiency is, if you want to dimm LEDs then you have to look if the LED is also capable to dimming.
- ECGs: Through electronic components the service life time is limited, susceptible to voltage spikes, dimming is optional, high efficient, small minimum load required (usually > 20W to operate at least one halogen lamp). Based on the minimum load it is not possible to control LED spots reliable, because of the low power consumption (type. 3W - 10W).
A LED transformer entails especially for operation with LED spotlights, developed ECGs, which also works reliably with a low load-service.
This is in order to ensure achievement of dimming. If you want to continue dimming your LED spotlights, you must be sure that both - the transformer and the LED lamps are marked with "dimmable".
A LED transformer, as well as the halogen transformer provides operation of LEDs with a constant voltage of 12V. In comparison with a car battery - it always provides a fixed value of 12V, almost independent of the load.
On LED transformer operated LED spots, have an additional electronic integrated which controlls the operating current (in example 350mA) to provide a sensitive component like a light-emitting diode by 12V operating voltage.
In addition there are LED lamps without an integrated current regulator circuit (constant current source). These LED modules are interconnected with multiple LEDs, requiring a defined flow which is "driven" by LED drivers throughout LEDs. (Jargon).
Therefore, an LED driver is also a power supply, which in comparison to LED transformer ensures constant current.